The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems.
Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market.
Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met.
Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization.
Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences.
Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications :
* 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical
* CCNA Desired (CCNP is preferred)
* Large scale, national design and deployments of L2/L3 network infrastructures
* Strong Backhaul System Design Implementation and Performance
* Familiarity with C/C++, Java, Tableau, Power BI, Ansible
* Bachelors Degree.
Engineering/Computer ScienceResponsibilities :
* Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently complete appropriate network designs. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
* Experience with alternate backhaul solutions; Microwave Wireless Network Architecture, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Small Cells and Satellite technologies and designs.
* Working knowledge with Nokia/ALU Next Generation Routers (7750, 7950) and Cell Site Routers (7705, 7210)
* Experience with Granite and EAI inventory database.
* System Design: Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment
* Develop MOPs, job aids, guidelines, and training material as required
* Experience with Technical Writing and documentation
* Collaborate cross-functional teams to support various projects and technologies; Proof of Concept, FOA, SOA.
* Support and validate Performance Management and Capacity Planning for existing and alternate backhaul solutions.
* Expected to support associate engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.