At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Successful candidate will be responsible for Mechanical Subsystems development, design, analysis, system verification, and flight test support of advanced unmanned air vehicle systems.
* Primary responsibilities include design/modification changes, change requests, subsystem analysis, data analysis, NX and/or CATIA design, TeamCenter documentation release and other responsible engineer tasking including working with outside Suppliers, Production or Operating Bases, and Customers
* Capable of supporting a team of mechanical engineers within an Integrated Product Team.
* Experienced with data acquisition software, download, and data post-processing techniques
* Proficiency in MATLAB, C/C , and/or Fortran, and experience employing these tools in an air vehicle development environment
* Prior direct experience with mechanical subsystem components, system and aircraft level development, qualification, acceptance or flight testing will also be valuable
* BS in STEM or a related discipline from an accredited university and 2 years engineering experience or a MS with no experience * Current DoD Secret Security Clearance, or as a minimum, the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
* Work experience using CATIA and Teamcenter
* Previous direct experience with aircraft landing gear, brakes, hydraulics and/or mechanisms
* Work experience using IADS
* Flight test experience, CRM (Crew Resource Management) trained and certified
* Strong communication skills
* Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Ability to read engineering drawings and system schematics
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.