Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Systems Engineer responsible for coordination and collaboration with diverse engineering design teams to provide imaginative, technical solutions. Support in the development of software requirements, software requirements specifications, and user story development. Will support the subject-matter expert and Product Owner. The position requires systems thinking and working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* BS degree in STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and 2 years of experience in engineering and Master's Degree with no experience
* Active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a PAR
* MS degree in STEM discipline (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Math) and 0 years of experience
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a PAR
* Software development background
Demonstrated communication and technical writing skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Direct experience using the DOORS requirements management tool
* Proven ability to communicate with other team members and IPTs
* Background in Agile Software Development, specifically software user story development
* Background in requirements development and spec generation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.