We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment:
L3's ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30 unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40 locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
* Work closely with software Agile scrum teams to ensure framework is followed and lessons learned are used to continuously improve the process.
* Support all areas of aircraft operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
* Participate in software, architectural, hardware, and aeronautical system engineering activities to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers.
* Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen, lean methods, Six Sigma, etc.
* Define and describe problem reporting and corrective action procedures for software, hardware, and aero defects, process nonconformance, and other quality system deficiencies.
* Objectively evaluate processes, work products, and services against the applicable contract requirements, process descriptions, standards and procedures, and effectively communicate feedback to program staff and managers on the results of Quality Engineering activities.
* Participate in product testing including software and hardware per documented test procedures and criteria.
* Perform quality audits and assessment to assure compliance with customer, internal, regulatory, and process requirements.
* Perform program audits in support of CMMI and the Quality Management System.
* Coordinate audit finding reports and determining proper corrective and preventive actions with the process owner and leadership.
* Frequent contact with internal and external customers at various levels and participation in meetings and briefings.
* Interface with all departments at all levels in conducting interviews and testing internal process.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Science, Aviation, or a technical field, and a minimum of seven (7) years applicable experience.
Occasional night/weekend work may be required.
* Agile development experience is desired.
* Knowledge of quality concepts and tools is desired.
* Experience with AS9001, ISO9100 and/or CMMI is desired.
* Related ASQ and PMI certifications (CMQ/OE, CSQE, CQA, PMP, etc.) is desired.
* Six Sigma/Lean Green Belt or Black Belt is desired (CSSBB, CSSGB).
* Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers at various levels
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.