Engineer - Digital Signal Processing Analyst 5
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) Segment is one of three L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment:
L3's ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30 unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40 locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
This position is for a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineering Analyst working on an Agile Development Engineering team. This position requires the ability to perform complex, intricate signal analysis and the required support engineering. This engineer will provide expertise to and coordinate with a team of cross-functional engineers to provide DSP solutions to a large customer base, which requires both traditional, and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) support. Candidate must be a self-motivated team player with excellent technical and communication skills.
To demonstrate success, you will:
* Perform operational signals analysis of relevant signals.
* Define, create, and use signal algorithms and the intelligent use of those algorithms in a variety of product contexts using community and commercial tools.
* Analyze and provide input on relevant hardware requirements for core signal work.
* Prepare presentations and briefings for customers and community working groups.
* Participate and coordinate on a skilled engineering team that contributes strongly to an advanced line of systems.
* Provide training and support as needed to various engineers and users.
* Travel some in CONUS and OCONUS.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and ten (10) years of relevant DSP analysis and engineering experience. An equivalent combination of education and relevant current operational DSP experience may be considered.
* Must have a strong mathematical background with a firm understanding of advanced modulation techniques, digital communications and bit-stream analysis.
* Must have excellent communication skills and be able to create and maintain strong working relationships within the team, with cross-functional and management teams, and with onsite and offsite customers.
* Experience with technical writing to prepare reports and documentation is required.
* Must have a strong working knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
* Must be able to work with a team and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
* Required to travel CONUS and OCONUS as necessary.
Desired Additional Skills:
* Knowledge and understanding of RF and receiver concepts.
* Digital Communication Systems experience.
* RF/Modulation hardware/software background.
* Experience with intelligence community signal analysis tools.
* Experience with Agile methodologies and experience with a variety of software development environments and tools.
Candidate must already possess and remain eligible for a Top Secret/SCI clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. Position will require a CI polygraph if candidate does not already possess.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.