Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing technical leadership in frontend applications development for key retail initiatives. The role will make significant key decisions on various levels of engineering aspects and provide technical leadership and supervision in all dimensions of complex application development including prototyping, technical requirement gathering, coding, debugging, and monitoring standards. In addition, the job includes ensuring that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. This role will also provide mentorship, technical direction, and training for less experienced staff.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Collaborates with engineers and business partners to arrive at recommendations for technology decisions. This includes tools and process selection and systems design and modifications. Initiates process improvements for new and existing systems.
* Leads all aspect of engineering disciplines including application security and scalability. Leads creation of complex prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality that meet user/business expectations.
* Provides supervision and guidance in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. Collaborates with systems analysts in completing deliverables. Translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs.
* Recommends and establishes new software development, testing and documentation standards.
* Leads resolution of escalated software application issues as needed. Leads and coordinates activities to develop and execute plans to mitigate reoccurrence of production issues. Oversees and contributes to the documentation of production support processes.
* Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Supervises and collaborates with support teams to ensure complex issues are resolved in a timely manner. Performs root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
* Leads, coaches, and mentors other team members. Performs cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members. Assist with management of team tasks, projects, and performance feedbacks.
* Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with company standards and practices
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
* 7-9 years of professional industry experience with software development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Skills (minimum skills required):
* 7 years of experience with web and mobile development in hybrid and native environments
* Strong experience in NPM, Webpack
* Strong experience with developing in continuous integration environment
* Familiar with one or more database technologies
* Strong experience in application performance profiling, tuning, and debugging
* Strong experience in leading and driving automated UI unit test and code coverage
* Experience with working on various platforms including Linux/Unix
* Knowledge and experience in SDLC including SCRUM agile processes
* Thought leader - proactive, demonstrates initiative, and strong problem solver
* Experience with estimation of design and development timelines for application components
* Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication and the ability to mentor and collaborate and work well with others
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea, and fresh food items.