What you'll be doing...
As a Core Data Engineer Consultant III, you will join the team responsible for the Northeast and Great Lakes markets. You will support Verizon's strategic technology goals, including the ongoing migration of core elements to eNSE and the onboarding of VCP tenants. You will collaborate with team members to meet team-based goals. Other responsibilities include:
* Responsibilities for one or more COINs, and to work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our strategic technology goals and transition to the eNSE platform.
* Create environments fostering teamwork and cooperation with all stakeholders, including territories, edge, design, and Maintenance Engineering.
* Leading the team in a visible, high-integrity manner.
* Functions related to Network Engineering IP Edge.
* Engineering IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks.
* Overseeing network builds from procurement to "In Service".
* Interacting with design and architecture teams developing future networks.
* Developing network configurations from design models and templates.
* Working with peer teams to ensure new networks are built and migrated to meet KPI's.
* Engineering and deploying directional networks for Intelligent Edge (e.g., SAP ENSE Fabric, Access ENSE Fabric, ISP, NNI, and Core connectivity).
* Building networks for interconnection to VCP platforms for growth, capacity, and expansion.
* Working with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments. Leveraging plugins for network deployments across multiple virtualized OS environments.
* Engineering network solutions with a strong interaction with PNF and VNF applications teams.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong knowledge of MPLS.
* Experience with virtualization of networks/servers.
* Four or more years of experience in data networking and telecommunications, including working knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6).
* Three or more years of experience configuring routers, switches related network equipment, preferably via the following technologies: Cisco Carrier Routing Systems (CRS), Cisco, Nexus 7K, Juniper MX-960. Operating Systems: IOS, XR-IOS, NX-OS, JunOS.
* Understanding of networking-specific technologies: IPV6, L2VPN, L3VPN, OSPFv3, MPBGP, QOS/Traffic Engineering, MPLS (LDP & TDP), inter-AS MPLS, and MVPN.
* Experience managing and being held accountable for the success or projects.
* Experience with Pronghorn or Itential automation tools.
* Knowledge of Network Engineering IP Edge Engineering functions.
* CCNA or other networking certifications.
* Understanding of end-to-end call flows for deploying network services.
* Knowledge of or prior experience with Python scripting.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.