The Windows Infrastructure Engineer provides the technical delivery consulting role in the Infrastructure and Application Delivery lifecycles from installation, integration, maintenance, currency and upgrades of hardware, system software, and tools applications across the enterprise. The Windows Infrastructure Engineer defines and follows discreet procedures and protocols to ensure systems integrity, and compliance, and monitors system utilization, user functions, and performance metrics as required.
* Research, evaluate, develop and implement Windows Infrastructure Engineering (SCCM) designs and standards following industry best practices.
* Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement Enterprise Systems in support of development, test, and production
* Ensure that current and planned technical solutions are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives.
* The Windows Infrastructure Engineer will function as the subject matter expert (SME) for SCCM, designing solutions, resolving escalated issues and working with other teams on deployment tasks.
* Involved in knowledge transfer and systems solution support during the warranty period and coordination, 3rd level production infrastructure support, priority management and implementation of break-fix, maintenance and change requests.
* Responsible for requirements coordination, review and tracking of change requests, defect assessment, system configuration. Responsibilities may also include research and review of technical solution alternatives and proposals for systems solutions.
* Customer Focus
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Problem Solving
* Time Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
* 7-10 years of experience in Enterprise Tools system design, implementation, and 3rd level support activities
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft desktop Operating Systems, Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory
* Extensive experience administering systems using management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or CA Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM)
* Extensive experience using and administering platform specific management tools such as Oracle Cloud Control, Dell OpenManage, or H.P. Insight Manager / HP OneView
* Strong understanding of networking principles and topologies
* Experience with enterprise job scheduling tools such as Control-M
* Experience with SNMP
* Experience administering UNIX systems
* Experience with Group Policy, PowerShell and/or other scripting tools
* Experience with mobile phone/tablet mobile device management software and solutions
* Strong experience packaging and deploying applications for desktop deployment
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Good communication skills are essential
* Able to work independently and creatively solve complex technical problems
* Able to provide leadership, guidance and training to others
* Able to provide accurate estimates of time frames and cost estimates necessary to complete potential projects and develop milestones and project implementation plans.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.