EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has exciting opportunities for Entry Level Systems Engineers for positions located in our Germantown, MD location.
* Implementation of system improvements for HughesNet networks.
* Generate/provide status reports, provide network anomaly analysis, work engineering testing/changes/upgrades, and security vulnerabilities.
* Implement Linux servers, VMWare hosts, NetApp, NTP servers develop and implement new networking technologies. As a primary part of this position, the Systems engineer will provide oncall support for Consumer networks.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or similar field
* 1+ years of experience
* Applicant must be able to thrive in a high pressure, cross functional environment. Primary duties will include support and troubleshooting and support of the HughesNet NOC.
* Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies. Must have the ability to effectively multi-task.
* Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or similar field
* Knowledge of VMWare and virtualization
* Knowledge of Storage Systems such as NetApp/EMC2
* Knowledge of Linux operating system configuration and monitoring
* Experience in RF engineering which includes working with test equipment: RF power meter, Bit Error Rate Tester, satellite modem and frequency converter.
* Direct experience with HughesNet systems and applications.
* Experience on the following equipment: Network Analyzer, Spectrum analyzer, multi-meter and the oscilloscope.
* Good customer service, interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
* Technical ability with implementing, operating and troubleshooting TCP/IP and Ethernet-based network architectures
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
EchoStar is a provider of broadband satellite technologies and broadband Internet services.