Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologies and security capabilities in support of the Starbucks Engineering Platform. This role would collaboratively identify, design, develop, and deploy technology and solutions to establish key business capabilities which enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Communicates highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
* Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
* Support the development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
* Engineer build and release processes
* Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology partners to deliver against business objectives
* Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services
* Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
* Implements all technologies in accordance with Information Security's guiding principles for highly sensitive data
* Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
* Implements deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
* Implements service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
* Upholds company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
* Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
* Fulfills responsibilities for on-call support; collaboratively and effectively diagnosing, troubleshooting, and remediating incidents and problems to support the integration platform.
* Identifies systemic problems that need holistic solutions and feedback into platform roadmap exercises.
Summary of Experience
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
* 0-2 years of professional industry experience with software development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Job Specific Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* 1 years of experience in software development
* Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
* Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment.
* Knowledge in Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Google Apigee Edge, Drupal based Developer Portals) is a plus.
* Knowledge in TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies (DNS, routing, iptables, tc, etc.) is a plus.
* Knowledge in CI/CD tools and processes; GitHUB, Jenkins, Mavin, etc. is a plus.
* Knowledge in Java REST web services and micro service architecture.
* Knowledge in managing oauth2, http signatures, basic auth (all three) authentication methods is a plus.
* Knowledge in managing java key stores, SSL certificates is a plus.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.