Digital Technical Lead
Cognizant Digital Engineering
Do you love the challenge of bringing teams together to pursue business problems? Do you dream of working with a dynamic learning community that offers the latest knowledge in People? Do you want to see yourself working for a highly respected Fortune 200 company with an established reputation in the Infrastructure Services space?
What you may already identify as Lean Startup methodologies, Utmost Programming (XP), DevOps, etc., we take a step further in order to hyper-focus on velocity and high-performance engineering. The competitive advantage this capability provides is enormous-enabling faster feature time to market, increased customer satisfaction and exponential employee productivity, all while allowing the organization to win in the marketplace by keeping our clients, their customers, and all users omnipresent in everything we do. We are forging the way for what's next in the Digital Economy.
You are passionate about assessing and designing IT architecture strategies for cloud and PaaS platforms that make a difference for users and businesses alike. You have strong design and architecture experience by analysis of existing environments to identify deficiencies and solutions for improvement, excellent communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of Cloud platforms. You are responsible for executing on Digital technology solution and program roadmap by collaborating with strategy and design consultants. You enjoy working collaboratively with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. You're passionate about your craft, and enjoy helping others develop as architects. You are comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information. You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our clients. Work/life balance is important to you: isn't just something that we want you to have, but something we need you to teach to our clients.
We pair, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to architecture that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, industries and products. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace - you'll typically work hard for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Required Skills / Experiences
* Experience in development/modernization of Enterprise Web Applications
* Working as a team, can collaboratively architect applications using modern cloud-native principles
* Participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices.
* Extensive hands-on experience in PaaS (Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk) and IaaS environments (Azure, AWS, Google etc.)
* Experience in designing and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud
* Hands-on understanding of developing using Java to build enterprise applications
* Working knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and ability to design cloud-native applications
* In-depth understanding of Domain Drive Design, and 12-Factor applications
* Experience with relational and non-relational databases like Oracle, Mongo DB etc.
* Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools and best practices in DevOps
* Demonstrated project management leadership
* Past experience working in Healthcare, Insurance or Financial industry is a plus
* Excellent communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audience
* Ability to quickly understand business requirements and propose reference architectures and technology solutions. Capable to present options and weigh implementation complexities and risks to recommend the right technical decision
* Experience in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
Desired Skills / Experiences
* Experience with both lean startup methodologies and agile development methodologies
* Experience working directly with clients and leading projects
* Experience leading or supporting user research
* Experience mentoring other architects is a plus
* Experience working with or inside enterprise scale organizations is a plus
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It supports lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is encouraged to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.