As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will improve our testing of development engine hardware for various spaceflight components and systems. In this position you will work closely with a small team to build software tools that support our test operations and participate in testing activities. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop software tools that support and automate data analysis and review
* Proactively identify and work on new software tool development ideas
* Collect and synthesize software tool requirements based on input from non-software specialist engineers
* Communicate technical information to program management in support of program goals
* Process improvements related to engine development and qualification testing
* Minimum of a BS degree in an engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, or physics)
* Working knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid system background
* 3-7 years of experience in a hardware development company
* Experience building software tools in MATLAB, Python, or similar environments and deploying those tools to large teams
* Ability to work individually and in teams effectively
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with rocket engines
* Experience with aerospace testing
* Knowledge of Labview
* Working knowledge of instrumentation including pressure transducers, thermocouples, and accelerometers
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.