As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing and executing plans and procedures for integrating, verifying, and validating engine controller hardware and software. You will be part of the BE-4 controller integration and test team that is responsible for the integration, verification, and testing of the BE-4 controller sub-system. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Lead integrated verification and validation of rocket engine control avionics.
* Write and execute avionics system verification test plans and procedures.
* Guide and directly contribute to the development of automated verification tools and frameworks for hardware and software units under test.
* Guide the development of Software in the Loop (SIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) test and verification environments.
* Collect verification artifacts and report results.
* Work with software and hardware development teams to iteratively improve their products.
* Validate the overall system design and implementation against stakeholder requirements.
* Create and resolve system problem reports.
* Drive process improvements for verifying and delivering integrated engine control systems.
* Bachelors in a science or engineering discipline.
* 5 or more years of software or hardware development, integration, systems engineering and testing experience.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills regarding technical subjects.
* Excellent ability to troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
* Ability to read and write code in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, C#, Rust.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience leading system test and verification.
* Aerospace system integration and systems engineering experience.
* Experience developing or certifying DO-178 avionics software.
* Experience developing or certifying DO-254 avionics hardware.
* Experience with an object-oriented systems programming language (C++, C#, Python)
* Experience with software continuous integration tools.
* Experience with DOORs software.
* Experience with Agile development.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.