WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking a technically savvy Engagement Manager (Project Manager) to ensure timely, successful implementations of Looker's Business Intelligence software. In this role, you will collaborate with the pre-sales and services teams to help customers derive value out of their Looker implementation. You will manage multiple (40+) customer projects simultaneously, with multiple Looker teammates. This includes managing flow of customer projects, documenting requirements and timelines, providing customers with timely support, managing open issues related to each project, ensuring communication across Looker teams, and ensuring successful completion of each engagement. You will grow to provide a compelling perspective of the Looker customer implementation process, helping drive Services revenue at Looker. The right candidate for this role is customer oriented with strong analytical and communication skills, project management expertise, and interest and passion for BI. You must be able to articulate value, inspire and lead Looker customers through each project.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
* Serve as project lead and primary interface and point of contact for customer
* Select and assigning Professional Services consultants to each project
* Own all of the functional aspects of customer projects including project management, documentation of requirements and timeline, resolution of open issues, communication of status and more
* Scope and prepare Statements of Work (SOW) for fee-based custom engagements
* Coordinate and work closely with the other members of the Looker Customer Success team
* Manage all customer communication, including email, phone and face-to-face meetings
* Serve as a customer advocate within Looker escalating issues and driving feature requests
* Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Looker products and services
* Assist in the continued development of the Looker Professional Services team by mentoring, contributing to our training content, and improving the Looker Services methodologies
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
* Stellar listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
* Strong ability to multi-task, managing multiple concurrent work threads
* Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous, complex engagements with minimal supervision
* Ability to set and manage customer expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
* Exceptional project management skillsPMP certification a plus but does not replace relevant work experience
* Expertise is SaaS platforms
* Experience working with business intelligence software is preferred 5+ years relevant work experience
* Business acumen and strong consulting skills and experience
* BA/BS degree required, ideally in a quantitatively oriented degree (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics) from a top-tier school
* Ability to travel c. 10% of the time
* PMO / Project Management / Program Management experience / Account Management experience (at least 3 yrs experience)
* Client facing big plus
* Preferred: Proficiency in SQL/RDBMS technologies; knowledge of database structure, design, and modeling concepts; and/or experience in currently available suite of BI tools
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker brings data-driven decision-making to every level of an enterprise with a data platform that creates a single source of truth so every business team can easily ask and answer their own questions. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 600 industry-leading companies such as Yahoo!, Gilt, and Sony. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London. Investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and PivotNorth. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.
Looker is a software company employing business intelligence to make data accessible to organizations and data analysts.