About the Job
As an Engagement Manager II (EM), you will use your background in technical pre-sales, project management and delivery to help define and develop our customers' online strategies, moving them from concept to implementation. The EM is an integral part of the sales cycle, collaborating with the Account Executive to expand the use of Akamai's services within the account. As an EM, you will also own the overall technical delivery for the accounts - establishing deep relationships within the account, gathering requirements, defining solutions and ensuring successful implementations.
* Serve as the central point of contact for the customer, managing the client relationship, overseeing integration work on the account, and ensuring we meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai's media accounts to evaluate the customer's web and online video architecture and deliver the appropriate integrated solution.
* Provide recommendations for technical strategies and solutions.
* Own customer implementation projects, including full project management, team leadership, creation and maintenance of implementation documentation, and tracking timelines and deliverables.
* Work closely with Sales to educate customers on Akamai's services and solutions - includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
* Create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer's business.
* 10-25% travel required.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization's approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer's Internet strategy. Akamai's Professional Services team calls upon its Internet expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for thousands Akamai customers.
The EM will focus on Business Services, Manufacturing and Commerce accounts in the Core Services Team. The Core Services team is an experienced group of industry experts and internet technologists working with some of the largest Fortune 500 clients from a range of backgrounds. They engage with our customers to consult on industry best practices, design and build quality solutions, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information System, another related field or its equivalent.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design
* Implementation experience with web delivery technologies
* Experience in one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures - J2EE, HTTP, DNS, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, Tomcat, Apache
* Detailed knowledge of Internet technologies and considered a subject matter expert in any relevant internet topic
* Experience delivering internet technologies within B2B or B2C - shopping cart, user personalization, and dynamic database architectures
* Experience in a customer facing role requiring a high level of individual responsibility, sound business judgment and large enterprise account management, where an aptitude for improving customer satisfaction was successfully demonstrated.
* Demonstrated success developing client relationships.
* Detailed knowledge of Internet technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, TCP/IP, streaming, etc.
* Experience with products and processes related to security, digital media, or online publishing.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences, from the user to the executive level.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.