At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work today will lead the way tomorrow. In the modern digital economy, our clients are looking to differentiate their businesses and seize the enormous growth opportunities that digital makes possible. At Cognizant, we help them do just this. We engage clients in envisioning and building creative products and experiences, delivered through a powerful digital-ready IT backbone. If you are passionate and driven about being apart of the next era in digital solutions, give us a shout.
Title - Engagement Lead/Solution Architect in AWS
Location - Burbank, CA
Travel - Intermittently to Dallas, TX and New York, NY
Role: You will help Cognizant build and execute our advisory consulting business with tier one Technology clients and help them drive their strategic projects. You would play a meaningful role with responsibilities that range from analyzing a client's issues/objectives and interviewing key client partners to making adjustments and authoring presentations. You will participate and lead teams in both strategic advisory and transformation projects.
Your Day/Skills Required:
* Strong knowledge in Data warehousing concepts and architecture.
* Able to suggest Solutions in Analytics, Data Science and Big data.
* Preferably worked in Consulting role in the Data & Analytics field
* Experience in management of Global support model (Development and Support)
* Experience in Cloud technology/Experience in cloud migration
* Experience in leading Senior Management clients Analytics field
* Accountable for Service performance through definition and management of Metrics.
* Work with the Service Transformation Head to establish SMO with appropriate roles, skills and relevant processes required for Delivery
* Responsible for integrating SMO roles with service delivery
* Ensure Service Continuity to all services being delivered and keep the BCP plan up-to-date
* Good to have experience on Big Data Technologies like HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark
* Good to have experience on one ETL tool like Informatica, Talend, Ab-initio, Data Stage etc.
* Bachelors in science, engineering or equivalent
* Build Project plan including aspects such as Cost, Schedule, Scope, Requirements, Risk, Quality, Communication & Partner management, Effort Estimation, Resource Planning
* Seek review comments from Program / Portfolio Manager and customer (as required).
* Identify, raise flags and device mitigation plans during project onset and during the course of the project
Review and Communication:
* Demonstrate scientific models to arrive at effort estimation and subsequently resource loading and scheduling.
* Work with support teams e.g. Admin, HR to ensure resources are available.
* Understand project boundaries against SOW (scope of work / out of scope, and assumptions).
* Monitor internal and customer project environment including Knowledge repository, C20, Project administration tools/applications, helpdesk/ticketing, customer network connectivity.
* Coordinate and setup teamwork environment for desktops, software etc.
* Define requirements gathering and execution process.
* Identify key acceptance criteria items, key dependencies and complexity.
* Understand and manage inter component/ module dependencies and do continuous re-planning and reprioritization as required.
* Validate that the requirements given are READY and FULL
* Identify gaps in requirements vs the envisaged high-level scope and achievements.
* User adoption and other implicit requirements].
* Prepare status reports and conduct management reviews with applicable partners.
* Review design and architecture artifacts through the design, development and implementation phases.
* Lead timely reviews and sign off by the customer.
Our strength is in our ability to perform together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It urges lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to construct meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we would love to hear from you!
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.