At BAE's Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems, we provide actionable intelligence for our warfighters through electronic products and innovative technical solutions from the depths of the ocean to outer space and everywhere in between.
As part of the C4ISR family, Communications and Navigation Solutions (CNS) is a technology centered product driven organization. CNS is a world leader in Link 16 Tactical Data Links with over 7,000 terminals fielded in more than 36 countries for installation on over 40 platforms. CNS is a provider of navigation and landing systems with over 2,500 Doppler Navigation sets, 2100 Multi-Mode Receiver / Precision Landing System Receiver (MMR/PLSR) and 350 Low Probability of Intercept Altimeter (LPIA) fielded on US and International platforms. CNS develops and delivers Wideband Data Links including Wide band communications for ISR Systems and exportable wide band networking radio for foreign communication systems.
Our corporate mission is "We Protect Those Who Protect Us® & We Innovate for Those Who Move the World". We are turning up the HEAT: Human Capital, External Focus, Achieving Operational Excellence, and Technology Disruption. We work together to deliver our HEAT strategy, achieve our vision, and fulfill our missions. Our Cultural Principles represent our shared commitment to each other, our customers, and our communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for Systems Engineers to join our growing Communications and Navigations Solutions organization. As a Systems Engineer, you will join our team that is working on developing, integrating and testing complex communication systems.
Responsibilities may include:
* Working on a team of engineers (Hardware, Software and Systems) on communications related programs.
* Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
* Problem solving in a real time complex embedded system environment
* Requirement analysis / management for complex communication system
* Evaluate or develop complex system designs and architectures
* Develop Functional Performance and Qualification test plans and/or procedures
* Write Functional Performance and Qualification test reports
* Contributor to a major customer review (SRR, PDR, CDR, and/or TRR)
* Performs system level integration and test of complex real time embedded system
* Verify complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements
* Support external testing (e.g., Range test, Flight test, etc)
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.