The Senior Principal Software Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining a team of talented software engineers. This position will involve presenting to technical and non-technical clients. In addition this position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
Our engineers typically participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, software solutions, applying state-of-the-art software development tools and techniques , working alongside other highly motivated engineers and researchers that are passionate about protecting our military service personnel.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you'll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
* Work with program managers and line managers to ensure the division's software resources are skilled to support the program's needs.
* Support key customer's by being Point of Contact for software questions
* Oversee the development and implementation of automated test procedures and environments for software releases.
* Designs and develops applications software and systems. Collaborates with hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems for product and commercial software.
* Determines computer user needs, analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls and utility programs.
* Develop and execute software automated tests.
* Strong understanding of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
* Maintain existing features and develop new features for the software using Object-Oriented (OO) methodology.
This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.