See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
BAE Systems is seeking a Test Architect for our Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) Department in Wayne, NJ. The Test Architect will serve as the competency lead for department wide efforts to develop and deploy reliable, robust, and sustainable automated production test solutions that supports the BAE Systems product line. This role will extend to support of enterprise-wide strategies, cross-discipline collaborations, establishment and implementation of standards and processes, and maturation of platforms and approaches across test solution product lines.
The Test Architect will serve as the lead engineering design authority for point solutions for full lifecycle test deliverables, encompassing test approaches, test methods, test sciences, and other key components as they apply towards hardware engineering, software engineering, and systems integration elements of the test solution. The Test Architect will focus on continuous improvement, using project lessons learned to build organizational knowledge that ensures successes of active and future project engagements.
The Test Architect will draw upon a deep understanding of test engineering principles, a wealth of experience in the design of test, and a broad knowledge of test and measurement technologies and methodologies to drive successful project outcomes and strengthen the ITE organization. This position will also lead key internal research and development (IRAD) and strategic investment efforts to enable and to improve the business area's ability to deliver robust, state-of-the-art, cost-effective automated test solutions to its customers.
Working closely with business development, customers, and diverse engineering and proposal teams, the Test Architect will understand emerging and evolving customer mission needs and most important requirements and develop discriminating, winning, tailored solutions aligned to the capture strategy for the opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Act as the lead solutions architect and the lead technical writer for key proposals and captures and develop discriminating and wining technical and business solutions
* Lead strategic investments and develop next-generation technologies and methodologies
* Lead cross-discipline collaborations which address test content definition and test uncertainty determination during the designs of both product and test in a manner that proactively mitigates yield risks
* Lead working groups which are focused on knowledge transfer and learning for test engineering subject areas
* Develop white papers, RFI responses, and technical presentations to engage customers and to shape business development opportunities
* Develop technology roadmaps to support business growth strategy
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in these technical area and as a technology advisor to the business area chief engineer and the line leaders
* SME responsible for assessing, recommending and implementing solutions to support business development, captures and proposals
* Provide technical support to the business area management, programs, and their customers in solving challenging technical issues emerging during project execution
In these capacities, specifically, the Test Architect will be required to
* Develop solutions in terms of contextual, conceptual and logical architectures using standards-based, rigorous methodologies and practices
* Conduct technology and architecture trade studies by applying proven analysis of alternatives (AoA) methodologies
* Develop cost estimates and basis of estimates (BOE) based on industry-accepted methodologies
* Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
* Develop proof-of-concept models and prototypes, and conduct internal and external demonstrations
* Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
* Communicate solutions directly with customers, management, and teaming partners, including oral presentations, white papers, and RFI responses
* Support ITE chief engineer with respect to process improvement, technology initiatives, and investment planning
* Serves as an ITE representative on industry forums and in discussions with industry leading product and technology partners and OEM's
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.