We are searching for System Engineers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. We are looking for a System Engineer with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges to meet our customer's mission critical needs.
In this role, you will serve as a Linux engineer supporting a critical IT software development project providing day-to-day support of several mission critical systems, while assessing future system requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience with Unix systems administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux/Cent/OS/Scientific Linux, RHEL 6 or CentOS 6 preferred),
* Experience with midrange/enterprise storage management including SAN switches, storage provisioning, LUN masking and zoning, and volume management using VLM. Experience with Hitachi storage management software a plus.
* Ability to research, specify, order and plan equipment layout and inter-connectivity.
* Other duties include installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems, disk drives, network cards as well as other software including Apache Tomcat, Nagios, Solr, Subversion, Cruise Control.
* Ability to install maintain, patch, and backup systems as well as configure zones and networks (e.g., multiple IP addresses to interfaces.)
* Coordinate these activities with customer, developers, and other engineers.
Ideal candidate is familiar with:
* Shell scripting, Java basics (e.g., classpath), Oracle basics (start, stop, TNS names.
* HP BladeSystem (c7000 hardware), including systems management, configuration and software/firmware updates.
* Kickstart, DHCP, Oracle, Yum repositories (for install/updates)
About Bae Systems
BAE Systems engages in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems used in the air, on land, at sea, and in space.