At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients comes from working effectively together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact--on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company are advancing quickly, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Endpoint Principal Consultant will be pivotal to building next-gen endpoint assessment and delivery capabilities for our clients as the market for endpoint security solutions evolves. This will include a significant effort--technical and business analysis of our team's current delivery methodologies and recommending new, high-quality and cost-effective ways to serve our clients. This individual will also drive the technical relationship with our customers and partners by providing advanced architecture, implementation and operational support for endpoint projects.
This person should be a security industry leader who can become a thought leader within Optiv for endpoint solutions. They need a strong working knowledge and experience with endpoint solutions from partners like Carbon Black, Cylance and CrowdStrike, as well as familiarity with both on-premise and cloud-based approaches to implementation. The candidate will develop pre-delivery content and delivery methodologies in conjunction with our community Technical Directors to ensure exceptional service and support to our sales teams and clients. And, the candidate will serve as a key subject matter expert in advising the endpoint community Practice Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with customers to help them articulate their business requirements and how those requirements translate into security features and functionality.
* Architect solutions to ensure that the customer's risk transformation requirements are met.
* Assist with development of cyber engagement plans for customers which will enable them to execute upon strategies.
* Rationalize different security solutions against requirements, risk, and constraints.
* Undertake Threat, Vulnerability and Risk analysis methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of their output in the definition of Security Architectures.
* Be a recognized expert across multiple solution areas.
* Able to deliver and lead other consultants in complex projects.
* Able to present to large groups and speak as an authority.
* Can handle challenging questions and consistently win support from client audiences.
* Can modify and change methodologies as required
* Contributor to industry groups and/or publications
* Be a leader and influencer in Technology Management's endpoint community.
Education and Skills Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree and approximately 10-15 years of related work experience.
* Approximately 8-10 years of technical architecture experience with. EPP and EDR vendor products
* 3-5 years' experience mentoring or leading a team.
* Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA).
* Very knowledgeable of multiple security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
* Experience delivering cyber security services to organizations.
* Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, and MacOS), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell,Powershell).
* Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
* Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, , and relational database management systems.
* Willingness to travel to meet client needs (25-30%).
* Valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required
* The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
* Strong interpersonal skills and experience in supporting client-facing sales teams.
* Strong written and presentational skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences.
* Strong background in the use of security architect tools. (e.g. Visio, Lucidchart).
* Possess high standard of integrity and professionalism.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv's mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world's largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
* Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
* A competitive total rewards program
* Professional training opportunities
* Engaging and fun culture
* Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.