End User Technology Engineer
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Desktop Engineers are responsible for providing level 2 support by responding to, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming IT support requests to the IT service desk by internal end users in a flexible, fast paced and growing, but very customer focused environment. These requests are based from all metros where Equinix has internal employees and on hardware and/or software issues affecting end user technology devices including Dell/Apple/Microsoft desktops/laptops, iPhones, Android, Zoom VC, and Cisco VoIP phones. Follows-up on any open incidents, escalates to Sr. IT team members (when appropriate), to ensure all SLAs are met and incidents are resolved in a short time frame. Ability to be dynamic and reactive as well as creating and driving process to increase IT efficiency, drive pro-activeness, and educate end users on how best utilize the technology provided.
* Troubleshoot to resolution Windows 7/8.1/10, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office 365, and other internal application software issues as assigned
* Image, configure, upgrade, and repair Dell desktops and laptops
* Active Directory, MS Exchange, SCCM, JAMF administration including add/change/move requests
* Administer and maintain iPhone and Android mobile phones\tablets via MobileIron or InTune MDM
* Remote support for all metros in North America (Seattle, Silicon Valley, LA, Denver, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Tampa, NY, DC)
* Complete desktop and telecom related projects as assigned (e.g., software or hardware deployments, office moves, IT license audits, etc.).
* Help troubleshoot and work with telecom engineers to resolve end user telecom issues
* Provide outstanding customer service
* Help build and a rich IT knowledge base by creating and maintaining process and resolution documentation
* Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
* Determine methods and procedures on new assignments
* Ability to lift 50 lbs
* Other duties as assigned
* Advanced to expert knowledge of SCCM, JAMF, Windows 7/8.1/10, Mac OSX, Office O365
* Understanding of system administration, basic networking and VoIP concepts
* 4 - 6 years' experience working in a fast paced and dynamic but VERY customer focused IT Helpdesk environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience
* Detail oriented, deadline and results driven
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer service background
* Intel based Mac OSX hardware/software support is required
* MCDST or higher Microsoft IT Professional certification
* JAMF 201
* Dell IT Pro certification
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a company that provides interconnection and networking services.