What you'll be doing...
Significantly contributes to the creation of the strategic and tactical roadmap for the Finance Bill Print and Payment Processing organization as an Individual Contributor. Subsequently assumes role of lead project manager in the implementation of initiatives with focus on business transformation and significant operational improvements. As a project lead the candidate drives cooperative solutions for all stakeholders while ensuring the project stays on course from a strategy perspective.
Candidate demonstrates a basic knowledge of financial, accounting and additional support systems, along with a deep understanding of project management principles, methodologies and tools. Works to support the team as assigned enabling the business through technology enhancements with various assigned tasks to collect and assimilate data. Candidate demonstrates understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward future state technology with innovative design. A further key responsibility of this position is to identify any improvement opportunities in this area and contribute to the design and implementation of new processes or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities. Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the processes associated with the delivery of specific Finance and Payment services to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard Verizon assets.
* Responsible for executing all project management tasks, through both agile and waterfall methodologies, and monitoring associated metrics to ensure key milestones are met and project health is maintained.
* Serve as team coach by providing motivation and direction to the project team while creating enthusiasm around what is being delivered.
* Lead multiple calls daily to gather requirements, document meeting outcomes, and manage assigned action items and project tasked assigned to completion.
* Leads multiple cross-functional and cross business unit teams to solve for large scale strategic and operational improvement initiatives.
* Derives relevant impact from complex project requirements across the company.
* Generates creative solutions and designs the plan, along with the teams, necessary to deploy project solutions.
* Identify risks and opportunities associated with projects and adjust the project scope/duration and costs as appropriate to drive on time solutions.
* Responsible for project progress metrics and results relating to project direction check points, testing and user acceptance.
* Works independently to generate and execute final solutions and decisions related to complex business solutions that require deployment of system and process changes.
* Possess a deep knowledge of the software development cycle and practices in order to make informed decisions.
* Create program and project gap analyses between as-is / to-be system and process choices to support deliverable recommendations.
* Develop and presents status and impact communications to all effected levels (project team, executive sponsors, other stakeholders).
* Serve as central point of knowledge and communication across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups (especially executive level management) to facilitate the alignment/definition of the long-term strategy and project prioritizations to fulfill the strategic goals.
* Compliance to Verizon policies and procedures.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of equivalent work experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Includes strong Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint skills to clearly communicate content to business leaders.
* Ability to clearly develop and articulate solutions and business requirements and communicate to technical teams.
* Operational and business orientation with ability to quickly understanding system capabilities.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a self-directed manner and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Understanding of project management principles, methodology, and tools.
* Employees/Candidates with professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, PMI).
* Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required.
* Experience in payment processing, to include eCommerce, MOTO, brick and mortar, etc.
* Knowledge in all billing systems such a ACSS, NextGen, etc… as well as ordering tools such as OmniRetail (POS Suite of Apps), and iVision.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.