BitCoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, AI, DNA digital data storage, IoT, Li-Fi, Machine Vision, Optical Computing, Quantum Computing, Subvocal recognition...
Any of this sound familiar? Interesting? Or just plain super cool?
If so, this role might be for you.
Okta is looking to hire an Emerging Technology Researcher who will work directly for our CEO, Todd McKinnon. We're looking for someone who can apply their technical knowledge and analytical skills toward providing well-researched insights that will help shape Okta's future technology investments. You'll be stepping into bleeding-edge technology by contributing to our emerging technology research, all while moving toward a longer-term career in Engineering. Join us as we look to identify the ideas and technologies that will shape the future of Identity in the cloud!
* Conduct research and analysis across developing and emerging technologies
* Ensure the CEO is well versed and ahead of the key and relevant technology trends
* Network with innovators, technology leaders, and the greater tech community
* Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations, forecasts, and opinions around various technologies, along with the relevant factors/risks that will drive market adoption/growth in such sectors
* Develop and contribute to market maps used to examine emerging technologies and their ecosystems
* Utilize proprietary Okta data, 3rd-party data, the internet, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
* Write and edit research reports
* Maintain and update research information resources
* Work closely with CEO to identify data that supports your research and insights
* Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Science related field
* 3-5 years of experience working with Technology or Research
* INTENSELY passionate about emerging technology
* Critical thinker
* Detail focused / analytical mindset
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta operates an integrated system that connects persons via devices.