The Innovation & Emerging Technology team within Business Technology Solutions Division is charged with finding the next generation of disruptive and transformative computing technologies to accelerate AbbVie's mission to solve the world's most critical unmet medical needs.
As an Emerging Technology Analyst and POC Engineer, you will work closely with the Director of IT Innovation and Associate Director of Emerging Technology to deliver the no-limits vision and strategic planning that define AbbVie's next-generation approaches to data science, digital health, and next-gen computing. This position requires a seasoned professional with a well-established and demonstrable track record of understanding emerging technology trends across healthcare and technology and converting this knowledge into innovative, timely, and realistic proof-of-concept solutions to our stakeholders across AbbVie's global research, operations, and commercial functions.
* Collaborative Design - you should find it inspiring to work with a wide variety of scientific and business colleagues; understand their needs and then propose and build or source proof-of-concept solutions
* Build - when appropriate, implement POC software solutions/processes that help to validate the emerging technology concepts with scientific and business stakeholders across AbbVie's global research, operations, and commercial functions.
* Adaptability - given our diverse mission you should be able to move fluidly between different project responsibilities
* Breadth - as a talented and motivated software engineer you can contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle and are interested in maturing your strategy and emerging technology sourcing skills
Some intangibles we value (and hope you value too):
* We are intrinsically curious and not afraid to pursue new ideas that challenge status quo
* We value customer input and get solutions into their hands quickly, to learn from their wisdom and correct our mistakes
* We confidently convey what has worked well and what has not
* We possess the ideation and design skills needed to define the best paths forward prior to further development and investment
* Facile developer in modern web and mobile programming languages.
* A general understanding of emerging technologies applicable to the life sciences
* A record of collaboration, particularly in the context of software development
* Highly self-motivated with excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
* Be creative and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit where you actively balance risk with reward
A minimum of 7-years industry/consulting experience is required. A BS or MS in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics or related biological science discipline with professional programming experience in the tech or pharmaceutical industry.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: No
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.