At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Embedded Systems, Networking, and Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
* Conducts research, design, development, integration, and testing of embedded processing systems and Network-Attached Storage (NAS)/ Storage Area Network (SAN) storage devices/recorders
* Designs networking architectures utilizing Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) based Routers and Switches
* Integrates processing and mass storage systems with LOS and BLOS communication systems
* Implements cyber security and anti-tamper technologies into processing, storage, and networking solutions
* Develops technical specifications, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of network engineering experience, OR Master's Degree in STEM and 0 years of network engineering experience
* Experience with Cisco IOS, VPX, and OpenVPX
* Experience with computer communications interfaces, such as RS-232, RS-422/485, Ethernet, SATA, RAID, NAS/SAN, and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
* Understanding of various Ethernet Protocols (i.e. IP, UDP, TCP)
* An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain program access
* Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and 5 years of experience
* Understanding of embedded computing systems utilizing VITA 46, VPX, and OpenVPX architectures, PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) and XMC mezzanines
* Understanding of Fibre Channel, RS-232, RS-422/485, Ethernet, Serial Rapid IO, PCI Express, Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Express (NVMe), 1553, 1PPS, SATA, and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interfaces
* Understanding of H.264 and RS-170 video interfaces
* Understanding of computer communications interfaces, such as RS-232, RS-422/485, Ethernet, SATA, RAID, NAS/SAN, and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
* Cisco CCNA Certified
* Software development experience in C, C , C#, and VxWorks
* Operating system knowledge including Linux, MS Windows, and VxWorks
* Familiarity of LOS and BLOS communications systems, networking architectures, cyber security, and anti-tamper technologies
* Familiarity with sub-contract management, EVMS, and program planning
* Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
* An active in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.