Embedded Systems Engineers play a key role in New Product Development by doing a wide range of product development activities; from design and development, to prototyping and testing, to working with a cross-functional team in order to drive an idea from concept to production. Pentair is highly customer-centric and is continually developing innovative products that require an enthusiastic and dedicated team to help realize our strategic initiatives. If you are passionate about product development, specifically both firmware and hardware, and interested in being considered for current or future opportunities with Pentair, please JOIN our Embedded Systems Engineer Community by clicking Apply and submitting your information to our team. We will reach out to this community whenever we have Embedded Systems Engineer opportunities at Pentair, as well as to occasionally share news about Pentair.
* Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization
* Pay competitively
* Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair's proven best practices
* Offer health benefits & coaching
* Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
* Offer employee discounts
* Protect you with life insurance and other options
* Tell you more about all the great benefits - just ask!
Embedded Systems Engineers:
* Design technically advanced products while thriving in a creative, high volume, working environment.
* Actively support NPD projects from concept to post release with strong sense of urgency and action.
* Design and develop prototypes with scopes ranging from specific concepts to comprehensive, functional products.
* Utilize intellect and best engineering practices throughout Pentair's product development process (stage-gate).
* Own all aspects of embedded hardware and software development and full integration into varied electro-mechanical product platforms.
* Execute all aspects of design validation including: prototyping, lab and field testing, pilot and initial production runs.
* Lead and facilitate cross-functional meetings and design reviews with peers and other talented engineering groups.
* Complete clean sheet detailed design and analysis of engineering concepts and related components.
* Collaborate with other Pentair Global Design & Manufacturing Centers as well as strategic suppliers.
* Create and maintain accurate pre-release drawing packages and product specifications with accuracy.
* Have earned a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
* Have 5+ years of design experience in a high volume production, product development environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to move design changes from concept to shop floor.
* Have experience with all phases of embedded hardware and software development (design, architecture, test, release and support).
* Have experience designing, prototyping and testing PCB assemblies for embedded systems (Altium Designer preferred).
* Have experience with App/Web interface design and development.
* Have experience with wireless RF technologies.
* Be proficient in C/C++ for embedded systems.
* Have experience with sensor integration, data acquisition and analysis.
* Be familiar with communication protocols including SPI, I2C, Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
* Be familiar with PPAP's, DVP&R's, DFMEA's and PFMEA's.
* Have regulatory agency experience (UL, CE, NSF) preferred.
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Pentair is a water, fluid, thermal management and equipment protection company.