As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, integration and verifying embedded software for mission and safety-critical spaceflight systems. You'll develop high quality software and integrate it with existing code to deliver new capabilities in timely fashion to meet company milestones. You should be comfortable in working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Define and develop software requirements, architecture and designs.
* Implement designs in C/C++/Simulink, integrate software components, conduct unit test, validate on Hardware-in-Loop tools and releasing real-time embedded solutions.
* Create rapid prototypes to prove out architecture/design concepts and quantify technical risks.
* Produce technical documentation for software architecture, design, verification plans
* B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related engineering with 3+ years of design experience
* Strong software development skills in real-time embedded system, particularly in C/C++
* Working knowledge of higher-level languages such as Java, C#, or Python.
* Highly organized team player with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Graduate degree in relevant engineering field with a focus in controls and 5+ years experience
* Experience in full lifecycle software development of real-time embedded system, including system design and analysis, requirement capture and development, software implementation and verification, system integration, qualification and releasing.
* Experience with safety-critical software development
* Hands on experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, Lua, MATLAB/Simulink, real-time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking, SysML, GHS MULTI
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.