At Commonwealth Technology (CTI), a division on MacAulay-Brown, Inc., our engineers are challenged to develop unique customized solutions that seamlessly blend technology and tradecraft. We value integrity, imagination and hands-on creativity and recruit talent with diverse backgrounds who bring a broad spectrum of technical experience to our team. We expect that you will apply your skills and shape this position based on your strengths and interests. CTI preserves our small company feel and our engineers have the time to focus on their work and technical contributions.
Beyond our competitive salary and benefits structure, our engineers earn a sense of accomplishment through meaningful contributions to our nation's security priorities. With highly extensive fabrication assets in Northern Virginia including a full in-house machine shop, composite fabrication, finishing and electronics assembly capabilities, team ideas and designs quickly become fieldable hardware. By joining the CTI team, your engineering skills can help solve our customer's most challenging problems and build upon the industry-leading reputation developed over nearly 5 decades.
Staff in this position provide a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in their field and provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems with imaginative and thorough solutions. We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with experience in embedded C/C++programming to create or improve mission-critical software. The candidate must have a proven track record in the design, development, debugging, and testing of analog and digital systems.
* US Citizen with active Secret (or above) clearance
* BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
* Proven track record of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* 5-10 years of experience
* Hands-on experience developing real-time software for custom embedded systems
* C/C++ for embedded systems and general Java software development
* Proficiency in developing peripheral drivers
* Writing drivers and implementing low-level device control over SPI, I2C, UART, and other buses
* Ability to read and understand component datasheets and detailed technical specifications, and, in collaboration with hardware designers, select particular components for a give design.
* Code development for various architectures including microcontrollers, microprocessors, and DSPs
* Rapid prototyping on COTS SBCs including BeagleBone, Arduino, Gumstix, or Raspberry Pi with proficient Linux-based experience
* Ability to work hands-on with lab tools such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Development and management of software and design documentation
* Experience with Subversion or other version control systems
* Experience designing and implementing signal processing flows including Hilbert transforms, linear filters, phase/amplitude detectors, and spectral analysis
* Motion control and sensor platform integration
* Scientific programming experience in Python
* Proficiency scheduling and synchronizing threads within a multi-threaded RTOS
* Experience with Microchip/STM/ARM processors
* Experience with FreeRTOS
* Develop technical design requirements & estimates based on loosely outlined requirements.
* Participate in all types of testing; conduct unit tests, stress tests, and tune performance
* MatLab programming
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.