Job ID#: 22464BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Embedded Software Engineer working on satellite systems to join our team located in Englewood, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee and perform as required the detailed design, development, and test of satellite embedded firmware and hardware for both product development and flight program execution.
* Work with customers and suppliers, internal and external, to develop and define embedded firmware/hardware requirements.
* Maintain and modify existing embedded firmware.
* Oversee and perform as required the design, development, production, and test of firmware test hardware/software.
* Actively participate in system level design of satellite systems across all project phases, through electronic system architectural design.
* Perform testing and fault diagnosis of electronic equipment, subsystems and systems, including record-keeping and the generation of documentation and test plans, procedures and results.
* Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve engineering problems.
* Prepare technical responses to bids, presentation materials and reports, for a variety of applications and customers.
* Support and actively participate in customer and supplier meetings and presentations at all project stages.
* Liaise with customer and supplier staff, and staff from other parts of General Atomics.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
* Experience developing programmable logic designs (FPGAs).
* Experience implementing fault tolerant design is preferred.
* Good knowledge of VHDL or Verilog.
* Experience of medium to high speed design for Ethernet, PCIe, DDR3 memory, serial communications, and implementation of memory controllers.
* Previous experience handling and testing hardware, including a demonstrated ability to test and troubleshoot electronic systems down to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level.
* Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
* Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.
* US citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret