To address business line growth, there is a need to hire a full-time, early career, intermediate level embedded software engineer with 2-3 years of experience in microprocessor, ARM, and/or DSP based software design focused in Military applications. The candidate must demonstrate proficiency in C/C and assembly language knowledge using RISC/embedded architectures. This project is heavily based upon running complex algorithms in real time using data from on board sensors. The candidate will work very closely with systems and algorithm engineers to implement and optimize routines to prototype and evaluate system functionality. This position requires that the candidate be a US citizen with or capable of receiving a secret level security clearance.
The primary responsibilities for this project include designing, developing, maintaining, and testing code using prototype systems. The engineers will use embedded development and design methodologies appropriate to rapid prototyping. Other expected work may include: Provide specific input to the components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) solutions in place of new development. Assist Program and Systems Engineers with requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Review and test firmware components for adherence to the design requirements, and document test results. Resolve software problem/deficiency reports. Active communication and participation in the full systems development lifecycle. All positions require a BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* 2 years of experience embedded software development
* Knowledge and ability to program in C/C
* Ability to read and understand schematics
* Embedded firmware experience for microprocessors
* Familiarity of ARM Cortex M and Cortex A5 microprocessors
* Familiarity of Analog Devices ADSP-SC5x family of processors
* Strong knowledge of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485 etc.)
* Experience using source code repositories, preferably Git
* Knowledge of Embedded RTOS
* Understanding of Continuous Integration
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail-oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
* BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.