Do you like new challenges every day? Do you thrive in dynamic real-time situations? At Parsons, we specialize in solving complex problems on a daily basis.We're looking for smart creative problem solvers to work with our customers in an operational environment creating software tools that meet critical national security needs and make the world a safer place. You will be an integral member of a highly-skilled and dynamic team developing state of the art cyber capabilities. We have a roster including some of the best and the brightest in the industry, and we provide a great place to grow your career.
Technically Sophisticated! Our group is looking for motivated embedded software developers to deliver creative solutions to software challenges having unique performance, size, and execution requirements. You will bring your experience with embedded software development for various platforms using the Linux development environment, knowledge of networking protocols and OS concepts to work with a team pushing the limits of technology. Opportunities include reverse engineering a variety of binary software products, environments and programming languages/frameworks/platforms (MIPS, PowerPC, ARM, RTOS).
Personal Development! Not only will you have the opportunity to work with other outstanding engineers, you'll also have the opportunity to grow your career and explore new areas of interest. We offer flexible rotations within our larger organization so you can continue to enhance your technical skills in embedded programming or explore new technologies such as big data crunching with Hadoop, coding high speed applications in C++, web front end work, or building Java enterprise solutions. No matter what your career aspirations are, we can help provide you with the opportunities you're looking for.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
* 3+ years of related work experience
* Programming language fluency in C
* Embedded OS principles like memory management and caches, memory addressing, SMP
* Software development principles, data structures, pointers, and algorithms
* Familiarity with network protocols, TCP/IP stack
* U.S. citizenship is required.
* Active Top Secret security clearance
* Script programming (Python, bash, etc.)
* Familiarity with RISC assembly (MIPS, ARM, PowerPC, etc.)
* Reverse engineering tools (Ida Pro, Ghidra)
* Cross compilation, GNU make tools, open source development tools
* Network configuration and debugging, Wireshark
* File format reverse engineering - Experience determining how files are structured, understanding the standard methods for encoding data from Base64 to ASN1.
* Encryption - A good understand of how symmetrical and asymmetrical encryption works, certificate chain of trust, crypto weaknesses etc.
* Protocol Analysis - Knowledge of how IP/Serial based protocols work and how to reverse their format including checksums, MACs, encoding formats, HTTP, XML etc.
* OS kernel or device driver programming (Linux or VxWorks preferred)
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.