We are recruiting for talented Embedded Network Software Engineers in our Product Development Division who will focus on the networking aspects of the software used in our products. This is a product development position and Shure will consider engineers of various experience levels.
* Design, develop and test real time, embedded software for embedded RTOS based products with focus on standard networking protocols for managing Shure devices and supporting system functionality
* Support the software of Shure products and customer with respect to networking in LAN, WLAN, WAN and VLAN environments
* Specify embedded software components for use in Shure systems especially in the areas of networking
* Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies
* Estimate, organize, and document tasks
* Practice established software development methodologies and principles focusing on separation of concerns, reusability, maintainability, minimized complexity, high cohesion and low coupling
* Model designs using UML and related methods; develop use cases to model real-time systems behavior
* Review the design and code developed by peer engineers
* More senior engineers will mentor junior and entry-level staff members
* Other duties as assigned
* BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 4 years of embedded software development experience
* Demonstrated understanding of software design, analysis and programming using C++ and/or C
* Experience developing software utilizing networking protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP, SNMP, VoIP and related protocols.
* Experience in network security and protocols and network management protocols a plus.
* Demonstrated ability in supporting customers and/or internal teams supporting software under customer usage scenarios
* Demonstrated competency with embedded software development tools and environment and real-time embedded operating systems (RTOS)
* Demonstrated understanding of embedded system architectures
* Demonstrated expertise with debugging using oscilloscopes and logic and protocol analyzers, Wireshark, etc.
* Experience with software version control and release
* Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to analyze complex interdependent variables
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment and lead junior engineers
* Quality consciousness
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.