Harry's is looking for a Temporary Email Developer to cover a Parental Leave. This temporary role will last approximately four to five months and be eligible for standard benefits. This person will sit in the NYC HQ. This role will own the development & QA of personalized emails and construct a library of reusable assets to create process efficiencies in how we build emails.
The Email Marketing Team @ Harry's
Email Marketing is a small nimble team that strives to create a compelling customer journey that improves the experience for our customers. With our many cross-functional partners, we ideate around customer needs, test customer experiences, measure results, and iterate with the motivation to improve always. We currently support email for the US, Canada, and the UK.
You are an email developer who has an appetite for understanding and incorporating industry best practices into emails. You are able to translate design to code while instilling industry best practices to ensure a positive customer touchpoint via proper rendering across all clients. You should be extremely detail oriented and a technical problem-solver. You should be comfortable working in a detail-oriented environment to support several stakeholders by juggling multiple projects with various timelines. You are a process and efficiency aficionado and are excited about building for the long-term.
* Own development of all emails (one-off, lifecycle, and transactional) in our CRM platform (Braze) and partner with designers to translate mocks from Sketch into responsive emails that render properly across supported clients and devices.
* Develop and maintain reusable email assets and templates via an HTML builder (e.g. Stripo) to create a library for future use.
* Leverage templating languages to build out robust scalable email templates that incorporate personalization
* Work with engineering teams to clearly document and incorporate merge tags/variables to support personalization
* Manage the QA process for emails and use Litmus and live testing to ensure proper rendering
* Maintain email code to ensure all our emails are always up-to-date with creative changes, our customer database and industry standards.
* Comfortable exporting and optimizing assets.
* 3+ years of experience hand-coding email from scratch using HTML and CSS
* Proficiency with templating languages to implement dynamic content in email and Github for documentation
* Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices (with Litmus or similar QA program) to ensure consistent renderings
* Strong understanding of email development best practices and proper coding techniques
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical information and project statuses
* Experience working within an ESP/CRM platform
* Appreciate the balance of creative and technical problem-solving that's inherent in email development
* Experience with Braze (or major ESP)
* Proficiency with Sketch
* Experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
* Experience building out a repository of coded email assets
* Experience with SASS is great, but not required
* Bonus points: Knowledgeable in liquid logic
Harry's Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry's expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women's brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry's team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you'll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry's is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is a company that manufactures and sells shaving equipment via mail order.