Love functional programming? Want to keep millions of children healthy? CareDox is hiring Elixir developers and functional programmers interested in learning Elixir.
We're a diverse, collaborative team of thoughtful, friendly engineers driven by CareDox's mission of working with schools and school nurses to immunize all children -- even the uninsured! -- against diseases like the flu and to help children with chronic illnesses (like asthma) manage their care.
We take pride in our Elixir code and use continuous integration tools to guarantee that all code going into production has high test coverage and clean compiler, Dialyzer, Credo, and Sobelow results.
CareDox's mission is to improve children's health with technology that efficiently connects schools, families, and healthcare providers. Our solution includes in-school health services (flu shots, checkups, chronic disease management) and our school-centered digital health platform, enabling HIPAA & FERPA-compliant digital health charting, chronic disease management, and immunization compliance reporting. The CareDox team is working hard to drive world-class health outcomes for American public schools districts through health technology and preventative care.
* Work in a highly collaborative team
* Continually learn new things
* Write Elixir code
* Help Keeping kids healthy!
* Team player
* Love to learn and to be challenged
* Looking to have an impact by writing good code
* Functional programming experience (Haskell, Elm, Clojure, Lisp, Scheme, F#, Scala, OCaml, etc.)
* Strong Unit Testing Skills
Nice to Have:
* Elixir, Phoenix, Erlang, and Ecto
* SQL and Data modeling
* Modern DevOps (CI/CD deployment, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
* Working with Redis, Redshift, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, GraphQL
Some of our Benefits and perks:
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Life, and Disability Insurance
* Flexible spending - Commuter and Health
* Unlimited PTO
* Coffee, soda, and snacks
* Company and team outings
* Vibrant Office & Culture
Equal Opportunity: You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.