Arlington County's Department of Technology Services is hiring an Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery) Analyst to lead the electronic data management of the County's records and file systems.
Reporting to the Chief Records Management Officer, this individual interacts with all County departments and is responsible for conducting data searches and digital file analysis related to litigation holds, Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, investigations and file recovery efforts. The eDiscovery Analyst establishes best practices for information management, FOIA, eDiscovery, data tracking and data loss protection (DLP), and applies technology solutions to include archiving, disposal, and retrieval.
Specific duties include:
* Utilizing eDiscovery software applications, such as NUIX, to execute collection requests and compile data reports for litigation holds, FOIA, investigations and DLP projects;
* Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding reporting, digitization, storage, retention, protection and appropriate destruction of records;
* Serving as the primary system administrator for County electronic file analysis, eDiscovery and DLP systems; installing updates, patches, and configuration changes for software tools and server applications;
* Consulting with County leaders to include the Office of the County Attorney, Police, FOIA Office, Technology Security Team, and other internal stakeholders on issues related to file and data searching workflows;
* Providing in-person and written training to end users on best practices for data output and providing guidance on project planning and solutions; and
* Tracking progress to ensure project scope, expectations, and deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate demonstrates advanced skills in the areas of eDiscovery, records management, data analysis and protection to include working with NUIX, Microsoft Exchange Mail, and Enterprise Content Management systems such as OnBase and SharePoint. This individual also has excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills to proactively manage simultaneous projects.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field plus considerable experience in the following areas:
* Utilizing Microsoft Exchange Mail Systems and digital solutions for cataloging, storage retrieval and DLP;
* Coordinating eDiscovery technology services, records and information management;
* Conducting data analysis related to business solutions and generating reports; and
* Providing training and guidance to staff at all levels in file and data management procedures and system use.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience as defined above may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Using archival, enterprise content management systems and/or electronic file analysis and discovery systems such as NUIX, OnBase, and SharePoint; and/or
* Processing local government FOIA requests.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license (or CDL) from the applicant's place of residence or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite. If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a favorable review of the applicant's driving record and criminal history.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with some flexibility.
This position is part of an alternative pay program that includes career path and pay-for-performance elements. Starting pay within the band is based on a review of qualifications and experience. Pay potential will be based on performance and employee development.
This is currently an over-strength position which is in the budget for approval in FY2020 with the possibility of becoming a permanent full-time position. This position is currently eligible for all County-provided benefits.
The salary listed above is effective July 1, 2019.
NOTE: This position is listed as "open continuous." Interested applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants referred on a continuous basis. Interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete resumes will not be considered.
Arlington County Government employee benefits depend on whether a position is permanent, the number of hours worked, and the number of months the position is scheduled.
Specific information on benefits and conditions of employment can be found on the Arlington County Human Resources Department website: www.arlingtonva.us/pers.
Permanent, Full-Time Appointments
All jobs are permanent, full-time appointments unless otherwise stated in the announcement. The following benefits are available:
Paid Leave: Vacation leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. Leave accrual increases every three years until eight hours of leave are earned biweekly for twelve or more years of service. Sick leave is earned at the rate of four hours biweekly. There are eleven paid holidays each year.
Health and Dental Insurance: Three group health insurance plans are offered - a network open access plan, a point-of-service plan, and a health maintenance organization. A group dental insurance plan is also offered. The County pays a significant portion of the premium for these plans for employees and their dependents. A discount vision plan is provided for eye care needs.
Life Insurance: A group term policy of basic life insurance is provided at no cost to employees. The benefit is one times annual salary. Additional life insurance is available with rates based on the employee's age and smoker/non-smoker status.
Retirement: The County offers three vehicles to help you prepare for retirement: a defined benefit plan, a defined contribution plan (401(a)), and a deferred compensation plan (457). The defined benefit plan provides a monthly retirement benefit based on your final average salary and years of service with the County. You contribute a portion of your salary on a pre-tax basis to this plan. General employees contribute 4% of pay; uniformed public safety employees contribute 7.5% of pay. Employees become vested in the plan at five years of service. The County also contributes to this plan.
For general employees, the County also contributes 4.2% of pay to a defined contribution plan (401(a)) . The County also matches your 457 contribution, up to $20 per pay period, in this plan. The 457 deferred compensation plan allows you to set aside money on either a pre-tax (457b) or post-tax (457 Roth) basis up to the IRS annual limit. New employees are automatically enrolled with a pre-tax contribution equal to 2% of your base pay.
Other Benefits: The County also offers health, dependent care, and parking flexible spending accounts; long-term care insurance; tuition assistance; transit and walk/bike to work subsidies; a college savings plan; wellness programs; training opportunities; and a variety of other employee benefits.
Permanent, Part-Time Appointments:
Part time employees who work ten or more hours per week receive paid leave and benefits in proportion to the number of hours worked per week.
Limited Term Appointments:
Benefits are the same as permanent appointments except that the employees do not achieve permanent status.
Temporary Regular Appointments:
Temporary regular employees who work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health, dental, and basic life insurance as described above. They are also eligible for vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Temporary Seasonal and Occasional Appointments:
Temporary employees who work on a seasonal basis or variable hours receive sick leave, but do not normally receive other paid leave or benefits. Exceptions are noted in individual announcements.
Check the box that best describes your education as it relates to the minimum qualifications.
* I hold a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field.
* I am substituting qualifying experience for the education requirement.
* None of the above.
Please check ALL boxes that describe areas where you have demonstrated experience:
* Utilizing digital solutions to catalog, store, retrieve and protect data
* Coordinating eDiscovery technology services, records and information management
* Providing in-person and written training and guidance to staff of all levels
* Conducting data analysis related to business solutions and generating reports
* Processing local government FOIA requests
* None of the above
Please check ALL boxes that describe systems where you have demonstrated proficiency:
* E-Discovery Software
* Microsoft Exchange Mail Systems
Agency Arlington County
Address 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 511
Arlington, Virginia, 22201