Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Electronic/Digital Records Specialist. You will provide technical administrative support in the successful gathering, transporting, processing, indexing, packaging, and storage of the preservation of historic legacy information assets. You will support the Engineering Record Center (ERC) Special Projects group interacting with principal contributors in accomplishing information media work objectives, making historical information digitally available for downstream activities associated with Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) to provide access and re-analysis. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 584.1 or 584.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
* Provide basic technical support for small to moderate sized projects using established procedures relative to equipment functionality, task throughput relating to ERC scanning, indexing, and reproduction.
* Process various media types of paper and film for digital extraction of content supporting search and retrieve activities.
* Operate computers which include several application software programs, data entry, query, word processing, file management, and image manipulation.
* Operate film and paper scanning equipment using application software to retrieve data/images for archival and reproduction purposes.
* Communicate with ERC special project Technical Lead to provide status of activities.
* Provide quality control relative to ISO9000 quality management principals.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the 584.2 Level
* Perform a variety of intermediate level activities involving equipment functionality and maintenance, development of process procedures and workflows, setting priorities and tracking tasks to completion.
* Provide intermediate technical assistance to ERC special project customers and coworkers.
* Communicate with professional and technical personnel relative to process flow, work requests and external vendor support.
* Associates degree related to digital media processing, business operations, or equivalent combination of education and prior relevant experience.
* Basic experience and knowledge in personal computer application software and web-based software.
* Knowledge and basic experience operating film/paper scanning reproduction equipment.
* Basic mechanical aptitude of equipment operation supporting digital data, film handling, printing and scanning practices.
* Skills and experience solving basic technical problems.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for regular interaction with co-workers, skilled technical printing and/or digital media equipment operators and immediate supervisor.
* Knowledge of ISO9000 quality management principals.
In Addition, at the 584.2 Level
* Intermediate skills and knowledge in scanning, indexing, reproduction and digital media processing equipment.
* Intermediate mechanical aptitude and experience of equipment operation supporting digital data, film handling, printing and scanning practices.
* Skills and experience solving moderately complex technical problems.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.