Help Duties Summary
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See "Other Information" for Locations.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN EDUCATION SERVICES SPECIALIST (Project Manager) DO? As an Education Services Specialist (Project Manager) you will provide training needs assessment, analysis, design, development and be responsible for the evaluation of online instructional materials. In addition, you will identify, analyze, and coordinate data to be included in a user friendly web site that meets customer needs.
As an Education Services Specialist you will:
* Assist with the analysis, planning, organization, technical direction, development, review, and evaluation of online learning events.
* Analyze previous course evaluations and determine the best methods of presentation for the complete course/module.
* Develop guidelines, instructional methods, course materials, training aids, and new or improved applications in the fields of educational technology and e-learning.
* Design, development, and maintain web-site applications for Learning and Education that address customer needs.
* Monitor web site content to ensure it remains current and accurate
* Analyze, provide technical direction, develop, and evaluate computer-based training and on-line help of performance-support systems.
* Assist with the analyses and compiling of software and hardware needs to improve training and cost effectiveness.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights per month
* Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
* IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments.
* Refer to Other Information
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-7 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with instructional methods and communication techniques to present and deliver training; Experience in various data formatting and presentation techniques, and techniques in converting regulatory and procedural language into readily understandable terms; Experience with basic training systems and computer-assisted training applications to provide technology-assisted training support. OR
At least one (1) full academic year of graduate education in any field of study that demonstrated the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work. OR
Superior Academic Achievement may be met by having a Bachelors degree, with one of the following: A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last 2 years of study, or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all courses in the major field of study or those courses in the major completed in the last 2 years of study, or rank in the upper one third of the class in the college, university, or major subdivision, or membership in a national honor society recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part- time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).