Help Duties Summary
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Other Information for Locations
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN EDUCATION SERVICES SPECIALIST (PROJECT MANAGER) DO? As an Education Services Specialist (Project Manager) you will provide training needs assessment, analysis, design, development and be responsible for the evaluation of online instructional materials. In addition, you will identify, analyze, and coordinate data to be included in a user friendly web site that meets customer needs.
As an Education Services Specialist you will:
* Assist with the analysis, planning, organization, technical direction, development, review, and evaluation of online learning events.
* Analyze previous course evaluations and determine the best methods of presentation for the complete course/module.
* Develop guidelines, instructional methods, course materials, training aids, and new or improved applications in the fields of educational technology and e-learning.
* Design, development, and maintain web-site applications for Learning and Education that address customer needs.
* Monitor web site content to ensure it remains current and accurate
* Analyze, provide technical direction, develop, and evaluate computer-based training and on-line help of performance-support systems.
* Assist with the analyses and compiling of software and hardware needs to improve training and cost effectiveness.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 night's per Month
* Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
* IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments[IF APPLICABLE]
* Refer to Other Information
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-011 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with education practices, and techniques to develop complete training and support courses; Experience with performance support tools to plan and direct the development system components including on-line help and computer based training; Experience with web site development sufficient to discuss and resolve problems with appropriate experts and interpret policies and procedures governing the planning and delivery of web products; Experience with training systems and computer-assisted training applications and automated systems to provide technology-assisted training support; Experience in analytical and evaluative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and make recommendations in resolving complex/novel problems, and with statistical analysis techniques to analyze data, draw logical conclusions, and develop logical information; Experience with negotiation methods and conflict resolution techniques to collaborate in a team environment; and oral and written techniques to develop course material and prepare and deliver briefings.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part- time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-11 grade level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).