The Editorial Tech Specialist, Field Operations has tech expertise with photography, networking, and production equipment, has a passion for editorial field operations, can collaborate with the entire editorial team to deliver excellence across our entertainment and fashion event coverage.
The ideal candidate is results driven and thrive in an innovative, high-energy environment. This is a unique position that will have you apply production expertise for our photographers and editors at some of the most exciting events in the world, including the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the Met Gala, etc.
* Responsible for being the North American tech specialist for field operations at entertainment, fashion, and paid assignments, including hands-on setup for all Tier 1 events to deliver best-in-class time to market.
* Lead operational technical support for both proprietary systems and third-party alternatives, with the extensive knowledge on tethering, transmit from camera, etc. and the ability to implement and troubleshoot.
* Oversee all technical standards for our North American editorial production team, instituting baseline standards and best practices.
* Coordinate technical production prioritization, including onsite when it's needed.
* Work closely with our tech and product teams in London and Dublin, always staying on top of new and innovative ways to deliver our assets to customers.
* Teach the editorial staff on baseline standards and best practices, with the ability to make it understandable to execute and implement.
* Collaborate with photographers and editors in the field to provide guidance, actionable feedback, and innovative ways to deliver assets to our customers.
* Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the entire editorial team.
* Expertise with computer networking - ability to build and troubleshoot networks with a wide range of equipment and under challenging conditions.
* Expertise working with industry-standard photography and production equipment and processes.
* 4+ years of professional technical production experience.
* Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
* Technical experience leading picture editors and photographers in fast-paced environments.
* Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
* Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend shift work.
* Available to travel up to 20%
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.