EDI Mapping Tech Lead
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge tech company operating in the ecommerce space. We're growing at a lightning-fast pace and are looking for an experienced/technical leader to oversee and architect solutions for our EDI Mapping team.
The EDI Mapping team's mission at Wayfair is to assist our stakeholders in creating maps to help transform data coming from our external partners, mainly suppliers and carriers. Currently Wayfair integrates with over 30,000 suppliers and over 100 different carriers, all with varying complexity to each integration. Our EDI Mapping team has five engineers dedicated to creating and supporting EDI maps for all of these external partners - mostly through X12, EDIFACT, and CSV document types - using the Liaison Delta/ECS EDI application suite. The mapping team also consistently interfaces with different teams within Infrastructure Engineering, including EDI Platform Support, Data Technologies, and Employee Tech.
What you will do
* Provide technical oversight and solutions architecture for the EDI Mapping team
* Develop mature processes on deployment and monitoring
* Work with business stakeholders, leadership, and product management to ensure alignment on priorities
* Partner closely with EDI Product Managers to create and execute on the 5Q roadmap
* Liaison with multiple infrastructure teams and ensure environmental changes are being accounted for
* Assist with managing on-call rotations and operational work
* Understand EDI industry standards and ensure best practice
* Think globally and ensure we are working towards parity, when possible, in both North American and European operations
Who you are
* 5+ years of technical experience with EDI. Bonus points if you've worked in supply chain and/or have previous experience managing engineers.
* Great communication skills and the ability to manage work across multiple teams
* A forward-thinking mindset in order to plan and build a roadmap
* Understanding of supply chain and how EDI plays an important part in our ecosystem
* Advanced skills with SQL or other similar structured query languages
* A deep knowledge of JSON and Powershell technologies
* Passion for iterating quickly and having a "never done" attitude
* Experience/knowledge of Product Management and Agile methodologies
* Bonus if you have worked with Liaison Delta/ECS or other similar EDI applications like IBM Sterling Integrator, Webmethods Software AG, or BIZTALK
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
* Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
* Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
* AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
* Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
* Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.