We are seeking an EDI Analyst to work at our Corporate offices in Schaumburg, Illinois. The EDI (electronic data interchange) Analyst is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing files between the benefitexpress system and outside vendors, clients, and brokers as well as internal reporting. EDI Analyst are responsible for analyzing various specifications to work in conjunction with reports, interfaces, and mappings provided by data-trading partners. They coordinate and work with internal teams to complete EDI testing, implementations, and modifications of EDI files.
An EDI Analyst's primary responsibilities include analyzing data, configuration of file feeds, establishing priorities, and establishing contact with trading partners. Key responsibilities include analyzing the data exchanged with any partners, observing data records to record errors, and correcting any failures. EDI developers work with internal teams at all levels of the organization to support accurate, proper data exchanges within the organization. They assist with any testing to observe and interpret messages received.
What you will do:
* Obtain EDI file specifications, File encryption and transmission information from carrier
* Research, analyze, and understand data elements in benefitexpress systems, as well as inbound and outbound carrier and payroll systems
* Develop mapping and translations between data elements for file feeds
* Develop EDI files from benefitexpress systems to carrier and payroll systems.
* Coordinate and test EDI feeds with external vendors
* Establish and set up file transfer protocols or other various means of connection with outside vendors
What you will need:
* Bachelor's Degree with two years of programming experience
* Experience working with SQL Server, XML, XSLT, Cold Fusion, Visual Studio, 834 files, Sub Version, SFTP, SSH, BizTalk 2006/2010
* An understanding of file layouts and testing output including mapping and translations
* FTP Networking
* Experience in the benefit space is a plus
Why work here:
* Competitive compensation aligned to your experience
* Great benefits including; Health, Dental, Life & Vision, FSA & HSA, with generous PTO and 401K plans
* On-Site Gym with cardio machines, free weights, showers, putting green, pool table and relaxation room
* Casual Dress Code
* We give back! Paid Volunteer Time to participate in a project of your choosing or join the team with one of ours: Adopt a Highway or Blessings in a Backpack
Who we are:
benefitexpress is the leading middle market, cloud-based platform for employee benefits and health exchange services, with a focus on flexibility.
By offering technology that integrates all benefits, in a one-stop-shop, benefitexpress provides simplicity to complex plans and offers a very custom-made experience to engage and educate employees while offering employers an ease of benefit management that is unmatched in market. benefitexpress provides a full range of services including, benefit enrollment, management and administration as well as direct bill services, reimbursement account administration, carrier bill reconciliation, total compensation statements, and a full-service call center.