DMI, the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI's Digital Commerce Group is seeking an experienced QA to join their growing team!
* Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
* Design and execute test scripts on computer applications
* Test both user interfaces and integrations between systems and to third-party vendors
* Facilitate issue tracking and successful resolution; assess and communicate risk of various types and help engineers and stakeholders make collaborative decisions about risk tolerance for each production release
* Record and document results and compare to expected results
* Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected
* Generate historical analysis of test results and report test metrics
* Document system anomalies and issues
* Maintain database of software defects
* Examine code and execution of code in various environments
* Verify specific actions or functions of code
* Create test data and configurations that support testing specific test scenarios
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
* 4-5 years of experience testing complex systems and Web sites
* PL/SQL skills at an intermediate level
* Experience with back-end inspection and DB validation
* Expertise at designing positive and negative unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests for multi-tiered systems
* Participation on enterprise-level software development projects
* Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
* Experience working with external clients preferred
* Experience working in ecommerce and retail preferred
* Practical knowledge of Agile methodologies preferred
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical Requirements
Location: Burlington MA, Reston VA, Pittsburgh PA
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
* Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
* Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
* Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
* Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
* Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
* Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.