Role Summary:The role will be serving as IT support owner for EDI and cloud integrations across the Life Sciences portfolio ensuring that all new integration demand, business or customer, are met in timely manner. The role is also going to be the functional owner of customer facing electronic channels for order management, notifications, invoicing and other related customer and or vendor communications. The Specialist will drive operational excellence in electronic solutions.
Essential Responsibilities:• Designing, building ("coding"), configuring, setting up and maintaining our eCommerce solutions (EDI, 3rd Party vendor platforms) to ensure continuous expansion of our EDI space
* Project management of small to complex projects, including but not limited to vendor selection, technology choice, pricing agreements and key point of contact for GEHC customers as part of global team
* Business point of contact for GLOBAL eCommerce Systems and primary liaison point to I.T. related inquiries concerning eProcurement solutions for both business and customers. Going to be the subject matter expert
* Business system support / administration for, but not limited to, SOA B2B, Jaggaer, Ariba, Canon/Anachron, IRCA, Oracle, GXS, GHX and similar ERP, Einvoicing, and integrated (including 3rd party) solutions
* Interact and engage with our customers and key stakeholders through various media channels
* Monitoring & updating system data, handling error messages and dealing with external / internal support providers (eg. SLAs)
* Support in measuring, analysing and monitoring existing channels and evaluate those values add to ensure highest efficiency possible via e-solutions (EDI Health)
* Provide operational support to Customer Services for their day to day electronic order flow related activities - daily operational activities
* Create SOPs and User Guides for desired ways of working as per assigned area and knowledge
* Run reports in Excel & SQL Developer and in-built data gathering programs
* Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification
Qualifications/Requirements:• Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience (IT support experience, preferably in an industrial business)
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with B2B eCommerce and/or eProcurement Systems (EDI, GHX, OB10, Ariba, SOA B2B etc.)
* Experience of one or more middleware technologies. Preferably SOA B2B.
* Knowledge and experience of Java, XML and X12 languages.
* Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries in Oracle SQL Developer
* Professional knowledge of general office applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
* Good working knowledge of relevant computer systems, procedures, workflow management and monitoring systems
* Effective time management, organizational and administrative skills; able to balance multiple priorities
* Fluency in English language
Desired Characteristics:• Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management (with IT-related minor or major) or related technical discipline or equivalent
* Experience working with Oracle & SAP (Oracle preferred)
* Exceptional communication skills and an ability to consistently represent GE in a courteous and professional manner
* Experience supporting electronic customer communications systems (websites, email, webchat, social networks, etc.)
* Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly
* Effective problem-solving skills and able to resolve a variety of issues and topics within the job scope
* Ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior level management and corporate contacts as well participate in I.T. focused discussions
* Demonstrates initiative and a proactive "can do" attitude
* Committed to deliver commercial excellence and customer satisfaction
* Ability to manage projects within time and budget constraints
* Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and suppliers
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Greater Boston area;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.