Auto req ID: 180719BR
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team - tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo's Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
* Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
* Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
* Work with PepsiCo's strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
* Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
* Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
As an eCommerce Data Engineer you will be a primary executor of technical solutions which leverage both Enterprise and Big Data as it relates to B2B and B2C eCommerce. You will focus on the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of disparate data sets. You will engage frequently with business partners and cross-functional technical teams to ensure long term supportability, as well as be responsible for the hand-off into the company's larger Enterprise Architecture.
* Create and Manage ETL processes and data pipelines
* Leverage SQL for data querying across enterprise platforms
* Build out the necessary data structures optimized for eCommerce analytics, leveraging the on-premise data warehouse and other structured and unstructured data warehousing/storage platforms
* Build and maintain data cubes within SQL Server/Azure Analysis Services
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics or other STEM related area
* General knowledge of data warehousing models (Kimball, Corporate Information Factory, etc.)
* Experience designing complex ETL solutions
* Strong experience designing and implementing data processing pipelines, data cleansing, standardization, data profiling, and enrichment processes to populate the data warehouse
* General knowledge on cloud data pipelines (AWS, Azure, google cloud)
* Fluent in TSQL and Python
* Strong SSIS development skills using SQL Server Data Tools and Visual Studio
* Experience with SQL Server/Azure Analysis Services
* Experience with Apache Airflow a plus
* Experience with MDX queries a plus
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.