Auto req ID: 180870BR
PepsiCo's eCommerce division is expanding into the San Francisco bay area of California, with a focus on leading-edge technology in the areas of machine learning, big data, eCommerce, data engineering, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a new team, define our operating processes, quality metrics and controls, and support systems.
The Data Engineering team is looking for a seasoned manager to lead operations. You will collaborate with team members from Finance, Engineering, Product, and PepsiCo Business Units to gain in-depth knowledge of our data sources, data requirements and goals for data analysis and other data usage; define requirements for data transformations and other data processing; data quality metrics and data audit steps; as well as first level support for our systems.
* Research and document data sources:
* ERP and finance
* Data feeds from resellers such as Amazon and Walmart
* Syndicated data including online behavior and demographics
* Supply chain including purchase orders, shipments, invoices, etc
* Develop staffing plan for your team
* Assessment of candidate skills and team fit
* Mentor new team members on best practices around data management and support
* Develop documentation and train team members on use of our solutions
* Develop requirements and document in the form of high-level PRDs for initial concept, and stories for engineering use in development; collaborate with engineers to build best in class solutions
* Maintain product roadmap for data engineering
* Define business roles for monitoring and alerting rules, and work with engineers to automate
* End-user support for data engineering:
* Business Units
* Other engineering teams that use our data repositories for analytics, reporting, and other applications
* Systems monitoring: work with engineering team to define metrics / dashboards / reports, which you will use daily to keep an eye on our systems; we want to know about issues before our customers do!
* 5+ years experience in an operations or finance supervisor / manager role
* Experience working with ERP systems - SAP preferred; especially knowledge of setup / implementation and understanding of the meta data
* Prefer accounting background, and experience with financial audit procedures
* Deep understanding of data, data relationships, how data is used to drive systems behavior, and reporting
* Experience defining requirements and working with engineering teams to develop applications, reports, analytics tools, or back-end data processing jobs
* Prefer experience with user administration for one or more shared applications such as Finance, HR, Order Management, Customer Service, or similar:
* Managing user accounts, setting access privileges and roles
* Supporting end user inquiries, debugging data issues / collaborating with engineers to fix problems
* Managing 3rd party vendors, especially SaaS solutions
* Prefer experience with software and vendor selection / RFP process: gathering requirements, writing an RFP, interacting with vendors, defining proof of concept or customized demos, developing a vendor scorecard, managing a cross functional team to review proposals and arrive at a decision
* Solid understanding of ticketing software used for issue tracking - such as Jira, Zendesk, ServiceNow, or Pivotal Tracker - prefer knowledge of setup and configuration to support workflows specific to company requirements
* Experience providing frontline support to a user community - either internal or external customers: issue intake, triage, analysis, escalation, resolution, and communications processes
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.