Auto req ID: 181942BR
PepsiCo's ecommerce division is expanding into the San Francisco bay area of California, with a focus on leading-edge technology in the areas of machine learning, big data, ecommerce, data engineering, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, and have a major impact on our development of software and processes.
The Data Engineering Operations team has an opening for business analyst. This person will collaborate with team members from Finance, Engineering, IT, Product, and PepsiCo Business Units to gather / review business requirements, understand goals and objectives for development projects; document data requirements, business rules, and data audit procedures; provide support for customers of our data platform - data scientists, analysts, business owners, and finance team; investigate and resolve data issues and devise strategies for continual improvement of our data quality.
* Research and document data sources:
* PepsiCo ERP / Finance systems
* Data warehouses
* Reseller systems such as Amazon Vendor Central and Walmart's Retail link
* Internally developed IT applications
* Document goals and objectives for data usage
* Define data transformations and storage needs
* Document data access and data syndication requirements
* Write stories for engineering teams for sprint development
* Develop detailed project plans for development projects
* Help develop comprehensive quality processes for data validation
* Support for our data platform - triage incoming support requests, assign priority, and resolve or escalate as necessary. Contribute to knowledge base so we can continually improve support effectiveness.
* Own the quality of our data!
* 3+ years in an enterprise environment working with data-driven systems such as ERP, HRIS, POS etc
* Prefer experience managing data in ERP, especially SAP
* Finance / accounting background preferred; in particular solid understanding of how to audit financial data and how financial systems work
* Experience defining requirements and developing applications, reports, analytics tools, and back-end data processing jobs
* Prefer experience with administration of enterprise systems - especially ERP: setting up users, debugging data issues, implementing workflow and other new features, setting up alerts and exception reporting
* Knowledge of help desk / ticketing software such as Jira or ZenDesk
* Familiar with Agile development processes and tools such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Self starter; bias for action and not easily deterred - willing to search out answers to difficult / complex questions
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, and across various teams; good communications skills with engineers as well as business and finance team members
* Team player; excellent listening skills; welcoming of ideas and new ways of looking at things
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.