Celebrating our legacy of modern fashion, creativity, individuality, and intrigue by providing every guest with unparalleled customer experience. We are currently seeking an E-Commerce Copy Coordinator who is detail-oriented and organized and has excellent communication skills, an interest in Cosmetics copy, and a strong knowledge of Excel and content management systems for our Long Island City E-Commerce Studio. This position will be responsible for uploading, formatting, and proofreading Cosmetics product copy, obtaining and coordinating missing product information, and assisting the E-Commerce Copy team for the Barneys New York e-commerce websites: www.barneys.com & www.barneyswarehouse.com.
* Upload vendor-provided cosmetics product copy to the content management system on-site at our Long Island City, NY, Web Studio, and edit for house style, formatting, language flow, typos, and other concerns.
* Work with Copyedit, Merchandising, Buyers, and Studio Ops to ensure cosmetics copy is complete and posted in a timely manner.
* Communicate across departments and with external vendors to obtain missing product information for all luxury categories, including ready-to-wear, shoes, bags, jewelry, home, children's, and cosmetics.
* Work with the Copyediting Manager and Senior Copyeditor to help coordinate the sample-information process and become familiar with legal compliance.
* Review relevant internal tracking logs in Excel and run reports in the content management system to check for copy information, track missing information, and update the logs and system with the most up-to-date status.
* Coordinate across departments to ensure all tracking logs and system processes are operating efficiently and effectively and suggest improvements accordingly.
* Review new and updated product information upon receipt and confirm that it is complete and correct in accordance with internal and legal requirements, as well as matches information in additional internal databases.
* Upload received product information into the content management system and move through the system to the correct status.
* Assist the Copyedit team with site QA, house style guidelines and templates, and requested copy updates from internal and external teams.
* Perform other content management and Excel upload tasks as needed.
* Perform additional copyediting and proofreading as needed.
* Support the Copy team with additional tasks as needed.
* Strong command of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
* Strong organizational and communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Google Docs and MS Office, with a strong emphasis on Excel.
* Able to work well within a team and with other departments while also working independently.
* Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Able to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
* Flexible learning new tasks and open to challenges and changes.
* Experience with content management systems preferred.
* Experience with house style guides a plus.
* Experience with cosmetics copy and fashion product copy a big plus.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a generous discount. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. EOE.