As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EBusiness Suite Applications DBA - EBS Technical
* Resolve high level, very complex, or previously unknown issues requiring expert Technical knowledge of Oracle Ebusiness Suite R12 and Fusion Applications
* Your past expertise should lie in hands-on supporting Applications Tech Stack and performing Applications DBA role and related technologies
* Performance tuning of the Applications Tech Stack is a must.
* Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12 and Weblogic server or other application servers is a must.
* Core Oracle "DBA" with RAC skills a must. Experience with Exadata/Exalogic is preferred
* Thorough knowledge of backup/recovery, patching, cloning, multi-tier install/upgrade
* Expertise in troubleshooting and debugging all the tiers in the applications tech stack
* Advanced knowledge of UNIX OS and networking knowledge preferred.
* Prepare and present training programs designed to educate Premium Services employees and customers on technical topics
* Work with the customer to establish plans for implementation of Advanced Application Configurations
* Research technical and industry related issues in the Ebusiness Area
* Analyze root cause of difficult problems involving multiple Applications modules / Tech Stack
* Manage SR queues and work with team members to jointly resolve issues
* Interface with SDM, CSM, Development during escalations and expedite resolution
* Perform patch validation, upgrades and installations in lab and customer instances
* Identify and communicate pertinent Oracle alerts
* Provide future direction and guidance on application deployment plans
* Perform regular status reviews of problems/issues
* Interface with Oracle development, consulting and on-site support
* Perform trend analysis and initiate corrective actions
* Be available to work in 24X7 capability and flexibility in work schedule
* Work from home possible; Upto 25% travel required.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with a background in IT
* At least 10 years experience as hands-on Oracle DBA and Applications DBA
* Specific experience supporting Financials/CRM/Supply Chain modules, Order Management, Procurement modules is an advantage.
* Experience with large scale implementations at Customer locations
* Good working experience with middle tier technologies (Web server, J2EE, Identity Management, OBIEE ) and Networking essential.
* Sharp technical troubleshooting skills, good communication skills, project management skills and ability to go "above and beyond"
* 15-25% Travel Required
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.