EBI Developer II is responsible for delivery of modern business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing solutions including design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of Baylor Scott & White's enterprise business intelligence platforms. May specialize in BI/reporting, ETL, and/or database technologies. Works with other technical team members to deploy solutions using best practices for architecture, design, coding, and testing to support data movement/transformation, data analysis, relational/multidimensional (OLAP) database objects, and data visualization. The Developer II assumes tasks of a moderate to high level of complexity and difficulty. In addition, The EBI Developer II has the following responsibilities:
* Analyze detailed end user specifications. Design and develop solutions to accommodate business requirements
* Tunes and optimizes process to improve the performance and works with DBAs on optimizing query response times
* Implement procedures to maintain, monitor, backup and recovery operations for the environment
* Supports production deployments and automation. Conduct troubleshooting production and performance issues
* Establish security standards for projects, roles, users, privileges in different environments (DEV, QA, PROD etc.)
* Responsible for Installs, configures, and upgrades BI software. Own activities associated with maintaining repository and metadata information
* Performs code reviews and provide and Design and develop test plans for unit testing Helps EBI Developer III to maintain inventory of all the jobs and processes and their SLAs
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience in development using ETL or BI tools, Data Warehousing, with thorough knowledge of dimensional modeling, database development, using SQL and PL/SQL, with in-depth knowledge of analytical functions, experience with SDLC, exposure to Agile/SCRUM practices, IBM Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, ETL tools (Netezza, Informatica) as well as enterprise BI reporting tools (IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft SSRS).
* Location/Facility - [Enter Facility Name] (Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, TX)
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Information Technology / Enterprise System Development
* Shift/Schedule - Full Time, Days (On call once ever 4 weeks)
* Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
* Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
* 3 years of experience